Luke Beston has been a student of the martial arts for over 20 years, and holds the following ranks and teaching certifications:
- 2nd Degree Black Belt – Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Prof. Royce Gracie
- Certified Instructor – Nobre Arte under founder Meste Claudio Coelho
- Certified Instructor – Floro Fighting Systems under founder Ray Floro
- Level 4 – Kali Ilustrisimo under Guro Ray Floro
- Black Belt – Modern Arnis
- Battlefield Kali Knife - Level 4 under Guro Burton Richardson
- Battlefield Kali Stick - Level 3 under Guro Burton Richardson
- Certified Instructor - Ginastica Natural Level 1 under Master Alvaro Romano
- Certified Instructor - Knife Defence FTS under Guro Burton Richardson
- Certified Instructor - Red Zone Knife Defence
- Certified Instructor – RBPP under founder Jim Wagner
- Certified Instructor – ISR Matrix PM
- Certified Instructor – MMAXFIT (MMA Fitness) under founder Ian Schaffa
- Level 3 Kinetic Fighting under Paul Cale
Luke was first introduced to Gracie Jiu Jitsu when Prof. Carlos Gracie Jr visited Australia in 1995. Over the next 10 years Luke travelled countless times to train at many of the best academies throughout Australia, Brasil and the U.S.A.
During this time Luke has won a number of Grappling titles as well as being crowned the 2001 NSW Pankration Champion.
In December 2005, Luke was awarded his Black Belt by Gracie Academy head instructors Prof. Royler Gracie & Prof. Rolker Gracie and Gracie Sydney head instructor Prof. Bruno Panno. This achievement made luke the first ever person from New South Wales to receive a Black Belt from the Gracie family.
As a grappling coach Luke has produced many champions at the state and national level, as well as winning the overall 2005 & 2008 NSW BJJ Federation team championship.
Luke is a regular contributor to BLITZ martial arts magazine. Some of his writing can be viewed on the Articles page of this website.
- Level 2 NCAS Government Accredited Coach – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Certificate III in Sport (Coaching) SRS30303 – Sport specialization: Martial Arts
- Certificate III in Security (Guarding)
- Senior First Aid (St John Ambulance)
- Member of Royce Gracie Network
- Member of Gracie Sydney Association / Prof. Bruno Panno Team
- Member of N.S.W. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation (NSWBJJF)
- Member of Australian Ju Jitsu Federation (AJJF)
- Member of Australian Federation of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (AFBJJ)
- Member of International Martial Arts Alliance (I.M.A. – Industry Peak Body)
- Qualified Punchfit Trainer
Luke & Prof. Royce Gracie
Angela Gracie is the director and co-founder of Beston-Gracie Jiu Jitsu. As the daughter of Roseclair Gracie and granddaughter of Grandmaster Carlos Gracie she has been surrounded by Jiu Jitsu her entire life. Angela is the author of “Angela Gracie Recipe Book – Based On the Gracie Diet” and is a regular contributor to Gracie Magazine.
Angela is a dedicated student of Jiu Jitsu and trains daily at her Academy in Newcastle, as well as regular trips to the USA to train with her family. Aside from her Jiu Jitsu training, Angela enjoys cooking and spending time with her family.
Phone: 0438 270 342
Angela Gracie and her cousin Prof. Royce Gracie
I started training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the age of 6 where I didn’t know the full potential of Jiu Jitsu. Now at the age of 19 I am assistant coach of the Gracie Jiu Jitsu kids class and a purple belt. Gracie Jiu Jitsu definitely changed my life.
Keone Harris is a Gracie Jiu Jitsu
KEONE HARRIS Keone began Jiu Jitsu at our Newcastle academy in 2008 and quickly stood out as a naturally gifted grappler. Combined and with his intense dedication and work ethic Keone made a rapid progression in Jiu Jitsu which continues to this day. Keone is an equally gifted instructor and is responsible for the devlopment of many of our other high level competitors and enjoys preparing our Mixed Martial Arts fighters. Keone was graded to Black Belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu by our Master Royce Gracie in 2015. Before discovering Jiu Jitsu, Keone was already a very talented athlete in a number of sports especially Diving where he won several Australian titles and placed at the World school games. This athletic experience included valuable time training and studying at the Austrlaian Institute for Sport. Aside from Jiu Jitsu Keone’s other favourite sport is surfing.
Reuban Walsh is a Gracie Jiu Jitsu
REUBAN WALSH Reuban has been a lifelong student of the martial arts having studied Judo, Karate, Iaido, Tae Kwon Do, Shinobi, Muay Thai, Boxing, Freestyle Wrestling and Aikido. He began training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 1995, and started training at the Beston-Gracie academy when he moved to Newcastle in 2006. Reuban was graded to Black Belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu by our Master Royce Gracie in 2015. Reuban has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Exercise and Sport Science as well as attaining Level 2 sports trainer and Level 2 strength and conditioning coach. Reuban is well known by our students at the academy as a walking encyclopedia because of his volume of knowledge and passion.